Server problems

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements, Suggestions & Comments' started by Hooligan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

As many of you are aware, we are having server problems to the point where alot of us are unable to sign on. I apologize for the issues, but I havent been able to get on for 2 days straight. I do not have any way of getting into the server to correct the issues. Jon and Nathan have been pm'd by both myself and Hurley and we still havent heard a response.

I have also written emails to Jon and Nathan in attempt to see where the site is going as far as new things coming along or not......I am awaiting a response. All your suggestions, questions and pretty much what you guys have asked for has been run by them. I am hoping they are adding it to a list and will bang it out soon.

I know trying to get things going here has been quite drawn out, but I assure you all, you have been heard. Again I apologize for the server difficulties, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Haha. Knew it was you messing with us! lol Gotta love technology nowadays bud... Hah.

4. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

Hello Guys,

Sorry for any technical issues that you may be having. Can you describe the issue a little more? Is the server totally unresponsive as in you can't reach the site at all? Is it just really slow? Are you having issues logging in? Etc....

Checking the traffic stats they don't seem that far off.
    If you can't connect to the server try this tool http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
    It will tell you if its an issue with the server or from where your connecting from.

Thanks,
    Nathan

5. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

It says the server is completely down. Associated servers are f150forum.com

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

hmmmmm i've not had any problems getting on..... maybe it's just your end clinton.....

7. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I havnt had any problems at all.

8. no problems here, maybe operator error :) Clinton, did you take your Ginko today ?

9. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I blame....

[​IMG]

Site has thrown a few errors, unable to connect, etc. but after a couple reloads it comes back up for me.

10. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I havent had any problems either...Only problems I've had is a screen that keeps saying "NO NEW THREADS"!!!

11. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This is the biggest problem yet!! Lets get this thing bangin!

12. Nathan

I'm thankful that it's not effecting many people but I have found the issue and am working to get it resolved. We just need to set up a new DNS server for this site. Solution coming soon....

Hopefully no one else is experiencing this issue but thanks for letting us know.

13. I had a problem for a day where I couldn't get on... I know for sure Justin (20004x4 or Captured Time as of now) has been having a hell of a time getting on. I feel bad for him lol Kinda quiet around here without him haha

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  14. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

its every other day on my end. im lucky to even get on..this is not the only site that is been messing up dew to the servers.. dont know what the deal is.. my AR15 forum that im a mod on has went down for a week.

15. Nathan

We are working on creating a new nameserver this morning. This should be resolved for good very soon. Sorry for the trouble

16. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah its been down for a few days on and off for me so its not just Clinton haha. Although I'm not going to be on much for the next week or so cause im overseas so internet isn't guaranteed.

Glad to hear that improvements are coming along and that it wasnt just me having issues there.

17. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Overseas? Vacation..work?

18. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Vacation. I'm visiting a sister in Heidelberg Germany and then in a week or so I'm going to visit another sister in England. I have a lot of sisters lol

19. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Very cool man! If you happen to get pics of where you visit, post them up! I'd like to see those areas!

20. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah sure I'll try and get some good ones over the next few days of Heidelberg and then maybe of York and London while I'm there :)

21. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Awesome!