SCT #3000 Ford tuner/programmers for sale

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by Franchi Motorsports, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

Howdy! Up for sale here is two used, unlocked SCT #3000 series tuners for Ford 1996 and up. In case you are not familiar with how SCT tuners work, these units are the method of how you upload a custom tune to your Ford vehicle. Want to verify it will work on your truck? Go to www.sctflash.com ( the manufacturers website ) and click on search by Vehicle, then enter your trucks info, and see if a SCT #3000 populates. If it does, it will work on your truck.

www.sctflash.com

Bear in mind, that the SCT unit is how you upload a custom tune to your truck, you still need to get a custom tune written specifically for your truck, general cost for one of those is about $65 to $70 usually. How it works is you pick a shop that can write a quality SCT tune, then fill out a form from them listing your your year, make, model, PCM code ( small white sticker on side of your fuse box in engine bay ) and any performance mods you may have. The shop then will write a tune based off your exact PCM code and mods, then email it to you. Once you have the email tune, you download the free SCT uploader program ( instructions will be included on all tuners from me on how to do this step by step ) and download the SCT tune into your computer, then into the SCT X3 unit. Then once it's loaded on the SCT unit, you plug it into the OBII port on your truck and follow onscreen prompts to load into your truck, only takes about 3 minutes. Sounds like a lot of steps I know but really only takes a couple minutes. :) And I can recommend several good shops to buy a quality tune from as well.

Price is $265 shipped to lower 48 for either tuner, these retail for about $380 to $410 normally, preferably paid through Paypal.

[​IMG]

Exact link to the SCT product...
    http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=1&VID=

X3 Ford Quick Overview
    The SCT X3 stores up to 3 custom tune files that can INCREASE HORSEPOWER, TORQUE & even Fuel Mileage! The 3 Custom Tune files can be loaded by any of SCT's Custom Tuning Dealers World Wide!
    X3 Ford Product Features
    Increases Horsepower & Torque!
    Stores 3 Custom Tunes
    Huge Backlit LCD Display
    High Speed Datalogging / Monitoring
    Reads/Clears DTC Trouble Codes
    User Adjustable Vehicle Parameters
    Backs Up Factory Tune
    Free Data Logging Software
    Dual Analog Inputs
    Most Popular Vehicles Supported
    Installs Quickly & Easily
    USB Interface Cable Included

Read and clear check engine light codes, adjust for bigger/smaller tires and gear ratios, eliminate governor top speed settings, adjust air/fuel ratio, these units can do a LOT! You can get specific octane settings, ie 87 economy, or 93 performance, it all varies on what you want.

Any questions, feel free to let me know! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

damn nice set bro GLWS

4. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Thanks! I'll be offering these on and off as I get a regular stock of used SCT tuners in, but will all be the same set price. And once I'm set up as a legit SCT dealer in January, I will be offering new units for $379 with custom tuning as well. :)

5. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Bump! Any questions, feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it out for ya!

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Free bump for a cool dude

7. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Thanks bud! I should have one unlocked #3000 unit available early next week, $265 shipped.

Got any questions, post em up!

8. scott5640

scott5640 EdgeRunner

free bump. i wish i could afford one

9. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Got a few units in now, all unlocked. $265 shipped. Let me know whatcha need! :)

10. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

11. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

GLWS bump. I am currently in the market for a new tuner, just waiting on the funds. What do you mean by 'unlocked' btw? Just meaning there's nothing on it or something else?

12. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

The way that SCT tuners ( and almost any other tuner as well ) work is once you use it to load a tune to a vehicle, the unit will become locked to that specific vehicle and won't work for another vehicle. 1 tuner unit = 1 tune uploaded at any one point in time

Only way around that is to either load the vehicle's stock tune ( which the SCT units will auto save when a custom tune is uploaded to the car/truck ) back to the car thus freeing the SCT unit back up for different car or to send a locked unit to SCT and pay $150 fee to get it unlocked so it works.

I always put up the locked/unlocked status so folks know exactly what they are buying cause you could have two identical tuners that look exactly the same, but one will work awesome and one is a expensive paperweight.

And even to most folks who have used the tuners, they just upload their tune and go, never realizing if they trade in their car/truck or sell it, they have to remove the custom tune form it for the tuner to work again.

Trust that helps, let me know any questions. I just plain like tuners, regardless of where people buy em from, I try and help them understand exactly what they are getting and how they work.

13. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

And there is also a difference I should point out between "canned" tunes and "custom" tunes.

A canned tune is a preloaded tune from the manufacturers of the tuning device, already loaded on the unit from the factory floor. These are good tunes, no doubt, but they are almost always generic tunes designed for stock to close to stock vehicles and based on general edit tables in your ECM. If you are running just a say a couple basic performance boltons like a cold air intake and exhaust, a canned tune still would prob do you just fine.

But the another alternate is a custom tune, written by a reputable performance shop that has been tuning cars/trucks for years. A custom tune is written based off your exact PCM code, which tells them everything needed about your truck far as engine, drivetrain, ect ect and also any and all performance modifications you have done to the car/truck. Like steeper gear ratios to compensate for a lift kit and 35 inch tires. The shop gets all your info, and then writes you a custom tune and emails it to you and you then in turn download it into your tuner device and upload it to the car/truck via the OBII port. Typical price for a good email tune for a N/A engine is about $70 to $85 dollars depending on where you get one from. A custom tune can also eliminate more specific stuff too, like I installed a catless duel exhaust on my 04 Mustang which in turn threw a check engine light for running with no converters. I could have ran MIL eliminators to shut that off but since I knew I was getting a custom tune, I just had the shop who wrote it for me shut off the rear two cats elimination code in the tune = no CEL on anymore. Things like that can be easily added and adjusted in a custom tune.

So to summarize, canned tunes are good, custom tune done by a good shop is best overall but usually cost a couple bucks more.
    Best example I've heard is that it's similiar to buying a suit.

Canned tune = You can buy a off the shelf suit from Walmart. Looks good and fits decent, but still a suit from Walmart in the end. Looks good from 20 feet away but isn't quite as comfortable or wear as well but hey, if you only wear a suit once a year, it does the job and you are perfectly happy with it.

Custom tune = Custom fitted suit, designed specifically for your exact body. More comfortable, wears better, lasts longer.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  14. nicksranger01

nicksranger01 New Member

I was pointed your direction by Clinton, so when my taxes come I may hit you up, if i have enough after the short throw steeda and cam for the Mustang

15. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Sure thing, just let me know. :thumbsup:

16. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Bumpage! Let me know whatcha need!

17. OP
    Franchi Motorsports

Bumpage! Got a few used units on hand, let me know. :)