Rusty 2010 Ford ranger.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by croftv, Jun 25, 2013.

1. croftv

croftv New Member

Is anyone having issues with rust on a 2010 Ford Ranger. I own one which is serviced regularly and cleaned almost faithfully once a week. Purchased new Oct 2010 with 38,000 Kilometers. After cleaning it in April of this year I noticed some rust bubbles on the bottom of the drivers door. After looking further I noticed more on the bottom of passengers door. I checked the entire truck over at this time but only found these two areas. I went to the dealer and they took photos and sent to Ford. They called me a few days later and said Ford would cover the repair. An appointment was made at a body shop in four weeks time.
    About two weeks later I was getting gas and noticed rust bubbles around the filler neck. I went home and cleaned the truck and checked it over again. At this time I found more rust bubbles on the bottom of the tail gate, under the back passengers door and the top of the drivers door. The A/C also stopped working the same weekend. I went to the dealer on Monday about the A/C and told them about the extra rust at this time. They looked at the rust and tried to make a number of excuses but when I took it back in a week to have the A/C repaired they offered to fix the extra rust and another appointment at a different body shop was made for a day earlier then the previous one.
    I cleaned the truck over the weekend before it was going to the body shop and noticed that the bottom of the rear passengers door now how rust bubbles. I crawled under the trusk this time and there is a part under the cab which I would say is a cab support that is rusted really bad along the weld. I also looked around under the hood and the rad support is rusted a number of places. I mentioned this at the dealer and they weren't very impressed that I found more areas and they pretty much told me that I would be lucky to get these extra areas repaired. While I was showing them the extyra areas I noticed another area under the weather stripping inside the cab.
    They are trying to blame this on me because the truck is not undercoated. It may not be undercoated but that still doesn't explain why a truck that isn't even three years old is rusting this bad. I do live in Eastern Canada but this my third Ford truck and I have never had any of them undercoated until they are three years old. Never had any rust issues with the other two.
    Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues and is this common or do I just have a lemon.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

My 2003 is still rust free but don’t say that too loud… knock on wood… !

Go to your dealer and ask about paint problems and if there is a service bulletin on anything like it.

Years back when Ford had a paint problem they repainted a lot of car and trucks, you might get lucky.

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

well those are all common rust problem areas for rangers.... but usually said rangers are 15-20 years old, not 3.

sounds like you may have a lemon :( check and see if there are any lemon laws your truck may fall under. you hopefully might be able to get some kind of replacement or compensation.