Rust??!! On A 2011??!!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by El Camino Man, Feb 18, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Either Iv struck gold, or this is rust:

[​IMG]

I was detailing my truck when I ran accross this. I was less than happy. Its in between my weatherstripping and cab on the top of my doors. My truck hasnt even rolled 10,000 miles yet! What the heck is goin on here??!!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Dude that sucks

4. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

id take it right back to the dealer and raise hell

5. OP
    El Camino Man

I prolly will. Thats bull! They might say somethin about my cab lights though...

6. djfllmn

where exactly is the rust on the truck...hard to tell in the pic

7. OP
    El Camino Man

Between the weatherstripping and the cab. All along it

8. djfllmn

i highly doubt the cab lights have anything to do with it

9. OP
    El Camino Man

O my goodness I feel like an idiot!!!! The cab lights have EVERYTHING to do with it! I was lookin at that pic thinkin "Man, that rust looks like its just sitting in there"... So I went out and checked it again. I rubbed it with my finger and the rust came right off...

Verdict: I didnt blow off my shavings good enough when I drilled my cab lights lol. It rained a few days ago and rusted the shavings making it look like cab rust!!! WHAT A RELIEF!!!!

10. Muscleford

Muscleford Drives "the Fridge"

Thanks for the insight. I will make sure I clear away all the chips when I do mine. Wouldn't have thought they would end up in there but I will check when I do mine for sure.

Glad it wasn't really the truck rusting.

11. OP
    El Camino Man

I know! I was about to cry lol. And just some insight when you do yours: Make sure to do something to catch the chips on the inside... My truck still looks like its got sparkles on the inside lol