replacing timing belt tension pulley '93

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Scottomatic, May 17, 2018 at 8:16 PM.

1. Scottomatic

Scottomatic New Member

Hi All. I'm no pro. I am learning as I go. I need to replace the timing belt tensioner pulley on my 93 Ranger 2.3L. I have everything off and I am trying to release the tension on the spring so i can get the belt off. I have not been successful. Everyone talks about how easy it is to take off the belt, so I'm certain I'm missing something basic. I saw a Youtube where a guy made a tool out of a pipe to do this. I asked about a tool at the autoparts store but they have no idea what I'm talking about. Any advice would be appreciated. Image of tensioner spring attached.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Scottomatic

Scottomatic New Member

found this. Gonna give it a try. Any comments still appreciated. Found this tool $20. (they wont let me post the link yet.) Gonna give it a try. Any comments still appreciated.
    2.3 OHC TIMING TENSIONER TOOL - MC2 RACING