Regular 4x4 or off road package (FX4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wittlewedwanger, Jun 21, 2014.

1. wittlewedwanger

wittlewedwanger New Member

My offloading experience tells me that I don't need the stock top model because I'm going to be replacing those parts either way. For example if I have (Chevy example is all I can think of right now) a Silverado 4x4 or a Z71 off road package with better Springs, maybe limited slip vs just 4x4 open diffs ect... Then when I lift the truck go with deavers and add lockers then that off-road package didn't even matter.

So my question I'm new to Rangers but I'd like to build me a decent mid size moderate trail rig. So is there any benefit to buying an FX4 or would I be just fine with the regular 4x4 seeing as how upgrades in susp, gears, shocks, travel, ground clearance, approach /departure angles, ect.. Are to come?

What was different about the FX4 vs the regular 4x4? More stock power? Different motor? Ground clearance? Styling only? Limited slip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    wittlewedwanger

wittlewedwanger New Member

What model was the 31 spline 8.8 offered in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

4. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

that would be the FX4 level 2