Recommendation on a dryer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by drppdyllwrngr, Oct 9, 2012.

1. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

Been using the compressor a lot this past week, and I've got a lot of water in my lines. I want to get a dryer, but unsure if an inline desiccant system will work, or if i should go ahead and spend money on an actual dryer unit? I don't currently paint, but may do some here and there in the future. Mainly running die grinders, cut offs, etc.

compressor is a 33 gallon upright craftsman, running around 150 psi. not sure on the CFMs i'm using though.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

The water in the lines will damage air-tools even if you oil them every use.
    I get the same thing after sandblasting for a while and the sand doesn’t move as well and the Plasma Cutter doesn’t like it too.
    A dryer is a good idea but I do not know which is best.

There was an article on the web about building one from a bar size refrigerator; I wish I had saved the site because I will be needing one soon.

Where is your outlet for the compressor ?
    Are your air lines directly off of the Tank or do you have lines run in the shop ?
    Do you drain your tank at night ?

I just changed my air system in the shop so each air point has a drain and the air chuck is higher than the drain point.
    I run the compressor and blow off the air/water at the furthest point and at each point of use before using.

Sorry can’t be more help.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

troy....id get an actual dryer and then when you start painting youre gonna want a inline desiccant for the lines youre gonna use for the spray gun...idk how much painting youve done in the past but if you get water in the air when your spraying it makes for all kinds of hassle

5. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User