Ranger

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by american, Jun 10, 2009.

1. american

american New Member

HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO PUT A 92 RANGER BODY ON A F150 4X4 FRAME? HAS ANY OF YOU DONE THIS? IF SO WHERE CAN I FIND INFOMATRION?unsure:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

First, you have to define "hard". Nothing is hard with the right tools, the right amount of patience and the right amount of time. Do the math, measure an F-150 frame and measure a Ranger frame. I don't know why you would want to do this but I've learned to not question others ideas. If you're looking for V8 power it would be much easier to convert a Ranger to a 302 with all of the parts out there to do so. The 150 still has the crappy twin I beam front crap suspension (my opinion that there is no comparison to a solid axle)

4. OP
    american

american New Member

o.k. i got a f150 running gear and frame and i waun't the wide axels to stick out past the finders of the ranger body . i was waunting to know if it would be better to put the ranger body on the f150 frame,or take the axels motor transmission,transfer case out and put it under the ranger.I was hopeing some one had already done this and would have some pictures and some infomation .:eek:thanks.

5. preranger

preranger New Member

I believe it was OFF-ROAD magazine that had an article about this.

If I'm not mistaken you can find some information at autofab.com

That's the company that did the swap, and they actually have the kit for sale. You can probably get some pointers and you can feel free to ask them questions.

I'm in communication with them all the time. Most of the time not even being about anything they sell