Ranger will not start until i disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by dae06, Dec 13, 2011.

1. dae06

dae06 New Member

I have been having an issue starting my 1997 ranger. It turns over fine with a new battery, but will not fire. In the past, if I let it sit for an hour, it would start right up. A couple other times it wouldn't start for 3 days. I replace the fuel filter, plugs, plug wires and coil. It then started good for 3 weeks. Yesterday morning it was a no start, and again last night. I checked the fuel preassure which was good, but it did not have spark. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and reconnected; it fired right up.

What could cause this? :(

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DesrtRanger27

DesrtRanger27 New Member

check the cam and crank signal. if those are good maybe it could be a defective coil.

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Nuetral saftey switch maybe?