Ranger Bad Lean

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemans 00, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

This guy at work has a 99 4wd ranger and during the winter I guess he had his bed full of gravel for some reason. Anyways as I look at his truck now the driver side has about a 3" gap between the tire and rear fender well and the passenger side has maybe 1" of a gap. We looked for a broken leaf spring and it wasnt broke and his shock is in pretty bad condition. So what can be his problem? Could his rear end be twisted or his frame bent? I never seen anything like this before its bad lol.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have heard of the ranger lean, but not that bad. Did you guys check the body mounts and the frame, shackles and hangars? Can you get pictures?

4. OP
    Freemans 00

I'll load some pictures up after work. I don't think body mounts would cause this he says when he goes over 45 the truck drives sideways

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

lol....if thats the case the frame is shot

6. ^ that would be a frame problem for sure driving sideways lol

7. OP
    Freemans 00

This guy is ****ed then it may not make it through the winter

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Sounds like a saggy leaf spring to me. OR a broken shackle/hanger. Frames dont just "bend"

9. rotted frames do bend I have only seen one while living in Missouri

10. OP
    Freemans 00

his frame is cleaner then mine his whole truck is under neath wise. Ill check his hangers and shackles tomorrow. I know he needs new shocks bad