No heat!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamey E, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Can anybody shed some light on my situation.... my son has a 03’ Ford Escape & it will not blow any heat out of the vents. We pulled the heater hoses & flushed the heater core with the garden hose, & water flows freely both directions. When the heater hoses are hooked up, the inlet hose gets warm but for only about a foot, then it’s cold to the heater core. Could I possibly have a weak water pump or is there another problem?? The car has the 3.0L. Thanks for the help

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

I also just reversed the inlet & outlet hoses & let it run for about 5min then switched them back. Still no heat

4. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Ok guys, turned out the motor mounted oil cooler was plugged up not allowing the antifreeze from the heater core to circulate. I pulled the hoses loose from it & bypassed the cooler for now. New question is, do I really need to run the cooler?? This vehicle will never be towing anything or running any Baja races. Any input would be appreciated

5. Efisher26

Efisher26 New Member

So an oil cooler was plugged and bypassing it unclogged the heater core?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

The heater core was never plugged up. The return line from the heater core feeds the oil cooler. Since the tiny ports in the oil cooler were plugged up, the water couldn’t circulate. So water wasn’t flowing through the heater core properly, making it appear that the core was plugged up

7. Efisher26

Efisher26 New Member

Does it have a tow package?

8. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

9. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Which is pointless. I can’t imagine towing much with the 1 3/8” hitch that is on it

10. Efisher26

Efisher26 New Member

As long as the oil cooler is added on with the tow package it should be fine, but if it’s factory without the tow I would change the cooler, don’t want to over heat the trans

Jamey E likes this.