New Tail lights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timbits588, Apr 5, 2012.

1. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

So my brother was backing out of the driveway the other day and managed to destroy my passenger side tail light. My gf came through with a clutch early birthday gift though. I've been watching these lights on ebay for goin on 2 yrs now and just never pulled the trigger lol. Installed them this morning...
    and i know the quality of the pics and video isn't the best but its from my old crappy cell phone so hopefully it gets the job done well enough haha

smashed light
    [​IMG]

new tail lights
    [​IMG]

video
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i want those lights too

4. Looks good man! Matches the truck nicely

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Those are awesome man!! I hope you beat your brother lol

6. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

haha i was close. he told me it was cracked so i thought oh won't be too bad. when i went to leave for work and saw it i was like holy sh*t that is destroyed.

7. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

thanks!

8. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

Nice looking lights! I've always wanted to see these on a black ranger. I've only seen them on red, burgandy, or white ones. Looks good.

9. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Thank you!! i really like them. i'd never seen them on a black one either and i thinks that's why i kept waiting so long to get them.

10. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I can understand that. They do look good on black though!

11. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

thanks man! i'll try and get some night pics of them later

12. Do you have a picture with more of the truck in it? I'd like to see em with it. How much did they run you costwise?

13. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

i'm at work right now but if its light enough when i get out i'll try to take some. if not, tomorrow for sure. my gf got them for me as a birthday gift so not 100% sure but the ones i'd been watchin were right around 130 shipped for the plug-n-play set-up

14. Alright, awesome man. And yeah, I was lookin on ebay. That ain't too bad considering stock ones are almost a hundred new anyways.

15. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

yeah that's the way i feel about it too. i've also had aftermarket tails on both of my previous rangers (98 xlt 4x4 and 04 xlt 4x4) and these honestly fit the best out of any of the ones i've had

16. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

ok here are some pics that are a little better quality. i tried to get several angles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. DrIftKi7Vg

DrIftKi7Vg Sunny Soonkyu

They look real nice man! I have the same ones as well! Now all you need to do is to Night shade them properly to get rid of that eBay look and your set :D.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

18. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Those do look nice. I had night shade on my stock tails with the reverse taped off. I don't know how i feel about doin it to these though. I mean i liked it on the other ones but wasn't overly crazy about it

19. Sinister04Fx4

Sinister04Fx4 Everything is a project.

I really like the look of them.

20. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I never was a big fan of those lights but they do look sick night shaded

21. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Do you have any pics of the full rear of the truck and also any night pics? I was just wondering how well the brake lights show through with the leds. Also how many coats did you use? thanks man!