New lights went on today.

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Well, right now I'm not my ecstatic self. But I want to share what I did all day. Went and filled the truck up with $60 in gas and as of right now I've burned 3/4 of what I had. Time to convert to an electric truck.... But anyways, I got my CB working again. Not sure what was wrong, but I remounted the antenna to the mount it came with and the radio decided to work. Then I went up my buddy's garage and got my new lights installed on my truck. As of tonight, only the two outside lights are wired up and working only because we had a lot going on today. This weekend I'm planning on getting the other two wired in, and then doing something else, but I forgot what it was... Anyways, onto some pics I got of them.

My buddy welding the new mounting plate on
    [​IMG]

The lights right after they were installed
    [​IMG]

Another view of them
    [​IMG]

And one more
    [​IMG]

And this is where I have my switches mounted. The blue you see is fiberglass. I'm going to smooth it completely out then paint it to match the original color as best as I can.
    [​IMG]

I'll have some pictures of the light output this weekend hopefully, once all the wiring is done and is permanently installed.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

What happened to your tonneau? I personally would hav spread the lights out evenly

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

5. ob269

ob269 New Member

Yeah, wait a minute.. you had that nice ass fiberglass cover you were so pumped about. Wtf happened to that?

6. lights look good pete, good to always have a friend that knows how to weld

7. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Lights look great! You shoulda mentioned you wanted to put more light on....i have like 4 full light bars...all with KC's on them and i have a moving tote full of KC's!

8. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Your going to let Tom mock your rockers up for me for next weekend!!! Thats got to be done lol

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

The tonneau is sitting on the side of my house waiting for vacation time. During the summer months, I need easy access to my bed for work so I would have been taking it off until I left for vacation. And i don't need the lights spread out more. They can be adjusted on their pivots. And I might throw more lights up there, but I'm not sure yet.

Yeah Mike, we're doing it this weekend.

10. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Can't wait for this trip

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Nor can I. Hopefully I'll have the new driveshaft put on if I have time to run to the junk yard.

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Output pics:
    HEADLIGHTS ARE FOR NOOBS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ob269

ob269 New Member

Nice dude.. look pretty bright..

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

They're not as bright as some of my friends surprisingly. But they are really good. I wanna go test em out off road, but with my luck I'll rip the wires off and ruin all of our hard work lol

15. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

looks great man! i've always loved the rollbar look

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Thanks guys. I love the way it looks. I just gotta shave down the sides of the bar that they're mounted to, hide the wires, and my buddy's putting actual connectors on the wires instead of splices and tape lol