negative battery cable!

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by teemgreen99, Aug 23, 2011.

1. teemgreen99

teemgreen99 New Member

I have a 1987 ford ranger 2.3litre 4cylinder gas 5 speed. I decided to replace the battery cables since the old ones were trashed upon pulling the negative one off I noticed all the ground wires and one with a male female connector that appeared to be run to a sensor into the exhaust before the cat. The entire negative assembly is pretty trashed problem is ford no longer makes that cable and the all ford salvage in my area doesn't have one neither does auto zone or napa. Anyone know where I can get the entire negative cable with all the grounds and connectors wired into it or am I going to have to do it myself?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I know for sure Napa has the cables. My brother did his truck with them. As far as the grounds and other stuff seeif Ford can give you an exploded view of the cables and grounds and see what you need to do from there. See what they recommend other than them saying "Ford has to do it" cause thats a bunch of bull. Let me know how you make out and I will help you find someone to get ya through it one way or another

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Oh.. And Welcome to the site!

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

If it the grounding straps that you will need after you swap the cable out you should be able to get them I don't think they have changed much over the years. And welcome.

6. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Welcome to the forums dude