Need help

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by NEWF, May 1, 2009.

1. NEWF

NEWF New Member

I have a 88 ranger 2.3 l and it is missing when you push the gas petel down.i put new spark plugs,wires,coil,rotor button fuel filter and still doing the same thing.can anyone help me with this.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mccaw69

mccaw69 New Member

New rotor button? does your 83 have a distributer cap?:blink:Have you replaced it?It pretty much sounds like you done everything that would remove the miss,is it a constant miss,or does it just miss when you accelerate?It could b something as simple as a computer going bad,or as bad as a burnt valve...some more info on how it misses might help.Such as i asked above.Does it pop when it misses,or backfire..all info will help in diagnosis.:thumbsup:

4. Bill

Bill New Member

Seen the double entry, pull the plugs and do a compression check. Have a crazy question, is this a single or dual spark plug engine? Not sure what years, but have seen a 2.3 with 2 plugs per cylinder.

5. mauiboi

mauiboi ucb

try checking the clutch switch.you would be amazed