Need help with the right shocks...

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by kholt17, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kholt17

kholt17 New Member

I have a '98 Ranger supercab Sport, 3.0V6. I have 3" body lift, which I dont believe really matters, but I also have a 3" shackle lift on the rear, and have added the stock 4wd blocks to the rear as well. My shocks in the rear are too short to use now, and they were already warn out. So my question is what shocks would make as a successful replacement? I would like to own the bilstein 5100's, but they are a bit pricey... I did do a search first, but nothing matched the specific needs of my truck.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bobkyle2

bobkyle2 !! BAMF !!

so is this truck 2wd.... so couldnt you just get a stock set of a 4wd ranger... theres plenty of shocks out there... on my chevys i usually ran the rancho rs9000s they have the adjustments on the shock... i dont think they were as pricey as the bilsteins

Welcome to the forum man... post some pics of that beast :D