Need help replacing oil dipstick on 86 Ranger. Can any one help?

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by Ranger86, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Ranger86

Ranger86 New Member

I just bought an 86 Ranger and I noticed the oil dipstick tube rusted through. I was wondering if any one knows how to replace the tube? I was also wondering where the best place to buy the dipstick tube and a new dipstick from? Any help would be great.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

There's one bolt on the head that holds it in place....I'll look around I think I have an extra one laying around for a 2.9

4. Brinker88

Hey I do have a dipstick tube for a 2.9L for free if you're interested....Where are you located and I'll send it out UPS to you for shipping costs. Its a little dented/dinged, but the dipstick still pulls out of it fine and it's not rusted through.

5. OP
    Ranger86

Ranger86 New Member

Thank you for all the help. Do you have an email address. I dont want to post my address on here.

6. left click on his avatar and send him a private message

7. vintagexpress1

vintagexpress1 New Member

Hi you wouldnt have another one of those tubes would you?
    vintagexpress1

8. Brinker88

Sorry bro. Nope.