My Ranger: Collecting Dust

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by 2004xlmiller, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

i got bored so here are a few pics of where my truck is resting till it either gets sold or gets a heart transplant. i found a motor with low miles and am going to look at it later this week. if i grab it, itll still be a while before the swap begins. but heres my rangers resting place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and some GM content at the end of the driveway.
    [​IMG]
    the white powder is absorbant, a car wrecked in our yard last week, rolled. and dumped oil and tranny fluid in the driveway.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Get the engine replaced man. It's too nice of a truck to get rid of.

4. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

yea, its my baby. itd kill me to get rid of it. theres too much blood and sweat, and too many tears that went into it to stop now. and alot of great memories.

5. x2, looks like it is ready for the transplant too

6. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

just about yea.. lol. i leave for the next semester of college on sunday, so its gonna sit for a while.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Is there something wrong with the engine?

8. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

its got terminal cancer, rod bearings are shot. it hasnt thrown the rod yet, but its right there. and its parked cause my motors no good for trade in at the junkyard to get a new one if i bow a hole in the block.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats not good man, I didnt know there was anything wrong with it. Sell me your bumper so you can have a headstart on paying for an engine!

10. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

yea it just happened this week. and nope. i will if you buy me a tube bumper.

11. shovelmike

shovelmike New Member

Nice

Nice truck, keep it and do the transplant when you can.

12. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

i hope i can keep it. i checked out the motor today, turns ou the guy on the phone told me 33K miles were on a 4.0L not a 3.0L, they have a 3.0 with 94K.. what do you guys think.. id replace the cam synchronizer before putting it in so it wouldnt **** up on me, put my old one on a stand and rebuild it and keep it for when i kill this one..

13. DangerRanger99

DangerRanger99 who wants a v8?

id fix it if i was u....its to nice of a truck just to hand off to someone

14. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

my thoughts exactly.

15. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

grab the engine rebuild urs and bore it out and all

16. ob269

ob269 New Member

Completely agree with everyone, get the one w 94k(replace came sync like you said) and then hold onto yours as a build project.. maybe boost it while its out?

17. ob269

ob269 New Member

But my 3.0's got like 160k on it and still runnin strong.. I got an oil leak but its just because my trucks p.o. stripped the oil pan bolt hole and it leaks around the bolt if I don't use silicon gasket maker stuff..

18. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

the heads on these suck so id blow it if it got turbo'd, they do make supercharger and stroker kits though... :D

19. Justincredible

Justincredible BLACKOUT

whipple makes a supercharger for the 3.0 100 more hp =))

20. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

good idea lol

21. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

News flash .... 3.slow not ment to go fast lmao!!! Fix the thing man .. It's probly the cheapest way to go