My little swingset build

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wyman00, Feb 26, 2012.

1. wyman00

wyman00 5.0 Ranger driver

Just wanted to post some pics of a swingset that I built for the kids. It's pretty simple and has only cost me $30 so far! I still have plans to build/buy a bench swing and put a swing up for the baby. The swings that are up there are made out of pieces of conveyor belt. They hold up pretty good! It is made out of power poles that have been cut down. The uprights are 5' in the ground and 10' out. The top piece is 21' long . I rounded out the poles with a chainsaw for the top to sit in and bolted the two together with some flat bracing. Plus it will be useful for motor swaps and such! What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

looks good. Amazing how simple some things are to build

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. I like it! And I'm sure the kids will too!

5. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Very nice! The sets you buy are cheap and poorly made. Your kids will appreciate this more than a bought one.

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Great work! I bet the kids are excited!

7. with it 5' under ground it aint going nowhere, so good job I like it , plus like you said multi-purpose engine gantry!!!

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Man that thing's beef! Old school ftw!!!

9. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

redneck FTW!

looks great man!

now u need a tire tunnel :) ( my favorite my family did for me when i was a wee one on the farm )

10. OP
    wyman00

Thanks guys! The kids say they love it but they dont use as often as I thought they would...

For a tire tunnel are you talking about burying some tires part way in the ground? I used to love playing on those in school!

11. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

yea i am!! only we used tractor tires and off all sizes and they got bigger and smaller and yea it was awesome

12. OP
    wyman00

I just may do something like that!