My junk yard excursion today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Well, I went down to Harry's today and got me a few things. Got some tow hooks from a 98, fog light wires that I needed, lots of fuses, and some desperately needed rear bottom door latches because the one I had seized open and wouldn't close. So the bottom would push open around corners and when things were putting pressure on the door and the door ajar light came on and dinged. Most annoying sum bitch ever.... I also got myself some Boston speakers that I found, but only 3 out of the 4 worked. But hell, for $16 who cares! Haha. I also got some cab lights from an F150 that was sitting down there. Might attempt to wire them up tomorrow. Just need new drill bits lol. So after I rewash the truck I'm gonna have my buddy help me with measuring the lights out so they look alright. Gotta pic of em placed for an idea, so here it is. Whatcha think?

[​IMG]

Oh! And I forgot the best part! After going wheeling yesterday, some leaves got caught up against my lower control arm and pushed against the dust shield on the back of my rotor. I came home after driving for an hour and smelled something burning, more than the mud....but my dad just kept saying it was the mud. Next thing I see after walking around the back, there was smoke coming from underneath the damn truck! Those leaves (that I didn't know about at the time) ended up catching on fire and nearly caught my truck on fire with them.... So I went and grabbed the hose. Haha. Thank god I'm washing her again tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

nice i love cab lights! damn u lucky with the leaves man

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, tell me about it... Haha. The whole way home I was smelling something burning, but I wasn't sure what it was, if it was just the mud or something else. Then I guess since I was mashing on the brakes on the way home (I was seeing how fast my truck took off up hills, and how fast it could stop on downhills...lol) that caused it

5. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

You need to get a better pic of the truck with the lights, we need to see more of the truck

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

That was just a quick pic I snapped. After I wash her again tomorrow morning I'll take a few more. I'm thinking about niteshading them a bit to match my corners.

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol that could be, i hope you at least got some air off the hills then lol

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Almost did after I got the door latch installed. Went about 80 through the coal plains by my house around corners. Lmao.

9. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

thats good dont want ya flyin out airborne lol. oh boy hahah that would be pretty damn fun

10. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

night shade those lights before you put them on

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'm probably gonna do a light coat. I'll throw em on without it first and see how they look. The lenses come off easy.

12. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

get some black lenses then or do heavy coat and get some leds

13. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

plz do not space those lights like that...... cant stand when ppl put them even across. 2 outside edge ones, 3 center

14. TurdFX4

TurdFX4 Schuylkill Countys Finest

You shoulda let it burn man...

15. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

x2 lol

16. x2
    they install like this : 3 in the center are closer together the outer ones are farther aprt from the center

17. ob269

ob269 New Member

like this:

o___o_o_o___o

18. ob269

ob269 New Member

Thats how they're spaced on my cab visor.. Looks best that way..

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Hang on,gonna upload pics

20. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Rough estimates of what they'll look like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is evenly spaced........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like em both ways.....maybe a little more with the three centered ones.