My 2009 ranger suddenly overheat

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Kwadwo, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Kwadwo

Kwadwo New Member

After 250mile journey with a/c on, 2009 ranger makes some rattling noise and temperature raises quickly. I turn off ac and temperature begins to go down. Any electrical issue ?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Member

Greetings,
    Does It do the same using defrost? I'm curious because your assumption is that it's related to the a/c. Defrost runs dry air using a/c too. Are you trying to determine why it overheated or if the rattling noise was the a/c? If I sound stupid maybe one of the smart guys will reply with an answer. Fingers crossed!!

4. Dchad53

Dchad53 Member

Check that the ac compressor turns freely. I had a Buick..don't ask. It ran hot for a couple days then the compressor seized and
    burned the belt right off the pulleys. The only other thing is to check the thermostat. Just before they punk out altogether the leak
    coolant slowly till you reservoir is empty. running the ac does put a strain on the engine.