MAF wiring harness... repair or replace?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by oliver, Aug 26, 2017.

1. oliver

oliver New Member

I have a gently used (< 60k) 2007 Ranger 3.0L.

A few weeks ago, a rat decided to make a nest under the air filter... to make a long story short, it has also gnawed through one of the wires that leads to the MAF sensor and now the truck is giving off the P0113 code.

It's broken just after the wire tubing thing goes off in a Y direction where one offshoot goes to the MAF and the other goes somewhere down below the radiator (so the breakage is on the MAF sensor side)

I was hoping I could lift the cabling out, replace what is missing and be done with it.

Is this a realistic fix? What should I know if I go this route? (heat shrink? etc)

If I need to get the entire harness replaced, any estimates on cost?

Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Dchad53

Dchad53 Member

Put a temporary jumper in place. If it works do something more permanent. What can it hurt?

4. OP
    oliver

oliver New Member

Thanks... I think that's what I'm going to do. Probably going to have to practice my soldering too :)