maaco paint job

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcdonald58, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ive always wanted a red truck. my paint is starting to look bad with all the scratches and some chips in it. what do you guys think about maaco paint jobs? i wont be able to afford a high end $1500 paint job for a long time. i would love to paint it myself. me and my friend did my bumpers and they are still awesome except for some rock scratches.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

one word....NO

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

unless the clear coat is gone, it's in primer, or it's 10 differant colors i wouldin't. usually you can get alot of scratches and scuffs out with a good rubbing compound, followed by some wax.

5. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

and macco uses single stage paint not base/clear...thats how they keep theyre prices down

6. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

i have family thats had good luck with them. they did base/clear for him, they took his 79 ford in and had them put extra coats of clear so they could wetsand it. looks great. my grandpa had a 89 Bronco II done and that looked good too. the bodywork is where they ass pound ya

7. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

alright thanks for the tips guys. ill get a clay bar kit and then wax it. then hopefully get some bed cap protectors form bush wacker to cover up the little rust i have on the body and all the scratches on my rails.

8. Muscleford

Muscleford Drives "the Fridge"

I would touch up the scratches on the rail before you put the bed cap protectors on to prevent rust underneath them.

9. DPG3

DPG3 Member

color sand it. it might work

10. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

just wetsand your whole truck with 3000 grit, rubbing compound,polish,then wax ....It'll look like a brand new truck. And will cost you a total of 50 bucks.

11. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

So you have always wanted a red truck, red is good, E4 that is but everyone to their own.

Have you thought any further on this ? E4 RED !

12. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

red is expensive lol

13. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Yea I'm not doing this since there's no point in putting 500 into my truck when I can put that towards my new jeep.

14. Demon

lol still red is expensive. buy a vehicle red. prob cheaper lol

15. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Yea haha I want red, green, tan, or black.

16. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Wide choice in colors… E4 RED or Black will do for me but since I have E4 already I am all set.
    I am thinking of the blacked out lower section on the sides, not sure.
    Will have to wait for the bumpers to get painted.

17. Demon

like this? [​IMG]

18. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Ya just like that !
    I have red flares not,sure how,that,is going to work out.

Thanks

19. Demon

seen it done with red flares and it looks pretty sick. and no probs if you want more pics for ideas i have over 2500 of my ranger lol

20. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

No more unless you have pictures of your truck with red flares ?

I think your truck was the one I saw and got me thinking about the black underside.

Thanks later,

21. Demon

i can find a pic with red flares i think my body has his like that. and it wouldnt be the first time someone saw my ranger and thought about some things lol :p