Lowered '98 build thread

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by dropt_98, Feb 24, 2013.

1. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Ok guys as a noob to this forum I thought I'd show you the various stages of construction/deconstruction/damage to my truck through the 9 years that I've owned it.

I got the truck in '04 with only 54k on it. I think this is the earliest pic I have of it...
    [​IMG]

Completely stock except for the foglights and the tonneau cover which I added right away.

Being completely new to the whole car/truck scene, small mods that were "cool" back then made their way onto my truck...stupid exhaust tip, aftermarket turn signals which filled up with water every time it rained..

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

[​IMG]
    Definitely not a "street truck" by any means. It saw its days of playing in the mud (which you 4x4 guys will love). But alas, its only a 4x2 so its mudding days were very numbered. Plus I lived in WV at the time so everyones truck was always covered in mud, and if it wasnt there was definitely something wrong to you.

Anyways. I moved to Ohio in '07 and started to clean it up a bit. Installed my drop kit after an extensive cleaning of all the mud stuck in the various locations of the frame.
    [​IMG]

4. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Added LED underbody lights, 10k HID's with Halo's, tinted the windows, shaved the badges.

[​IMG]
    Took off the mud flaps, made some minor engine mods

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats a great looking truck!! Very impressive!

6. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Swapped in some leather bucket seats, painted some of the dash trim, installed a double din touch screen dvd player...and this is when the truck started to go down hill...

[​IMG]
    Over the past 2 years my truck has been broken into twice. 2 Stereo systems stolen, so I just have the factory in now. Had issues with the HID's and the aftermarket wiring (still working that issue out) so factory headlights are on. Blew out a radiator this winter which set me back a couple weeks of driving since I don't currently have a job and don't have a garage to work in. Anyways, here's how it sits today more or less..

[​IMG]

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That sucks about the break ins man. I'd buy that thing in a hear beat! It just looks sleek, smooth and all around nice! I hope you can figure out the issues and shoot the ****ers who broke into it.

8. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Cops couldn't figure out who stole stuff from either of the break-ins unfortunately. What needs redone right now are the entire brake system, and probably hubs in the front. After that it would be running smooth again for a little while longer at least!

9. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

nice truck man!!

10. Belvader

Belvader New Member

nice ride, it's nice to see another dropped ranger on here

11. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Yeah looks like there aren't really too many dropped rangers anywhere. There are 2 (besides me) out in western Ohio that are daily drivers

12. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Nice looking truck, man.

13. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Thanks for the comments guys. Thinkin of doin a hood swap, to the newer style hoods, will it work with a 98 front end? I havent seen a newer ranger in person in awhile so I can't remember exactly how the hood sits on the grill

And if anyone has any pics of what the older grill + newer hood look like I would greatly appreciate it!

14. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ik the 01-03 powerdome hood will work. the 04+ hood has an indent from the grille in front

15. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Thanks for the info, guess I really need to research a lot more...just don't have the time unfortunately

16. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

its all good, thats what were here for!

17. Belvader

Belvader New Member

whats on your mind for your ranger? what plans do you have for it?

18. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Well Im thinkin of doin the powerdome hood swap, I want to build / find a center console to fit in between the seats, since I don't have arm rests right now. Rear axle swap, then eventually either build up the engine i have now or do a swap in the future

19. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

do a 5.0 swap :D

20. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

eventually lol, i don't have the $ right now. my main concern is keeping it running and just doing small things along the way

21. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

I hear ya, trucks looking great tho man