Loved my '99, want a divorce from my 2020

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Trash Ranger, May 10, 2021.

1. Trash Ranger

Trash Ranger New Member

I bought a '99 Ranger for $1500. with over 200k miles on it in 2018. I only expected it to get me through one winter. I was happy and comfortable with it, and being my first truck, got a little sentimenntal. It lasted almost two years, and I decided to keep it goin. I spent over $3k on it, and it was running really nicely. Then, the rusty spots that I just thought added character became a problem, especially around the windshield. I took it to Jay Harris Auto in Ogden, UT for a "beauty makeover": repainting, replacing the carpet with vinyl, and painting the inside vinyl parts. After $1400, buying the vinyl floiring and oaibt, and waiting over 9 months, he had lost the key, lost parts, and the truck didn't run. A tow and another $1400 at another shop got it running again, though still missing interior parts. Then, it started leaking oil big time, and I gave up. I traded the truck to someone who needed one, and likes to work on cars.

I bought a brand-new 2020 Ranger on January 2nd for $37k with bumper-to-bumper warranty. Good thing I bought the warranty. I am so disappointed, I went to a Toyota dealership after less than a 1000 miles and tried to trade it for a $23k Tacoma. I kind of hate today's Ranger.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Justin Wideman

Justin Wideman New Member

I've done 12k in my 2021, taken it to 5 states on road trips, reliable and fun, but trucky. What issues have you had? I've had none other than a tire puncher replaced under warranty and two oil changes.