loss of power

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ninjamonkey16, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ninjamonkey16

ninjamonkey16 New Member

i recently bought a 1988 ford ranger, 2.9 liter, 4x4, manual.
    for some reason the truck loses power, like its not getting enough gas, and then sometimes it gets too much and jumps. i have only recently learned to drive a stick, and i know my skills arent that great with one, but even when i hold the pedal smoothly it cuts out until i pump the pedal.
    i have taken the truck to a mechanic and he says the computer is not reading any codes.

i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what they did to fix it.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Could be carbon build up or maybe even a falty fuel pump.

4. dlw62884

dlw62884 New Member

probly the low presure fuel pump. mine did that too before i changed the pump.