Lift/Tire Question

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 94ranger4x4, Mar 10, 2011.

1. 94ranger4x4

94ranger4x4 New Member

I have a 1994 ranger 4x4 reg. cab shortbed, and was wondering if i can fit 31's on it without getting a leveling kit? And my second question is, I have a 3.0L 5speed and was wondering if the 31's will rob alot of H.P. from the little 3.0 or will i be ok?
    Thanks, Brandon

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You could do the 31's if you put a body lift on. And yes the larger tires will take away from the 3.0 a little bit

4. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

You could also do a coil spacer, add-a-leaf suspension lift. The 31's could fit stock but will have rubbing without cutting sheet metal and with either b/l or suspension it would look cool :)

5. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

Bl and you will be fine.

6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

My truck had 32" on it when I got it & I only had a little rubbing on the bumper valance on extreme turns. When it was time for new tires, I went with 31" (cheaper) and nothing rubs.

7. ryanzander

ryanzander Mud Digger

my ranger is a 94 4x4 and im on 31x10.50s completely stock with absolutely no rubbing, but of course i dont have the front valence, you can see in my pictures, plenty of room for 31's, my buddy also has 33's on his 93 completely stock and they clear, just lost a little turning radius :)

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

i got 31s stock and have never rubbed.