Leaf springs

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by rangerguy95, Mar 24, 2013.

1. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

So yesterday I decided to put new leaf springs in since my old ones were broken or missing leafs entirely
    [​IMG]

I found some nice 08 4wd ranger leaf springs with the original 4 pack and nice arches in them for being roughly 5 years old
    [​IMG]

so i started to pull the old once out when my driverside shackle broke
    [​IMG]

so then i had to call down a bunch of auto parts stores and finally track down a new shackle and hangar, so i hauled a** to the unfortunately farthest store that was the only one that had them in stock, then rushed home to finish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    safe to say 08 ranger springs fit, give about an inch or two of lift but you just have to file out the front bushing hole since the 08 bolts are slightly larger, oh yea and dont forget when your dropping the back end down to make sure the shocks shroud goes over the shock and doesnt catch leaving the truck lifted up and punctures a hole in the shock, more work to do now haha

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Good work!

It's not that you got 1-2" of lift, you just don't have broken worn out old crap anymore! lol.

4. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Ah yea that's probably true haha, I'll still need to crank my tbars so that my truck levels out now

5. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

looks good man.
    I gotta swap mine soon. their getting tired.

6. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

lucky find at the junkyard :D

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Great work dude, I'm impressed!!

8. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

[​IMG]
    she sits nice and strong now... only thing left to do is the upper ball joints that are about to blow out :(

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013