landscaping question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RoadRanger, Apr 16, 2012.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

does anyone know how i would properly use an edger like this? my grandparents house has the lawn and everything edged out very nicely, but i can't figure out how to make it do what i want. can anyone give me any suggestions?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. you place it on the ground use like a shovel step on the edges and rock it back and forth side to side to cut the grass/weeds

4. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

that's kinda what i figured... i'm not supposed to scoop or anything with it? just rock it back & forth.

most of our planter beds are probibly in need of more help than just an edger alone can do, is my guess lol.

5. right no scooping lol but you can chop a good weed with it as that blade should be pretty sharp

6. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i think mine's a little dull... it's been kicking around scince the 1930's or so, lol, i kidnapped it from my grandparents basement. i went back out and gave it another go up by our front walkway though, and it did pretty well :) now that i've got more of an idea how to use it, lol.

7. cool, or use as a medieval weapon!!

8. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Actually to make a good edge you can simply you a regular shovel place it where you want jump on it and scoop it evenly down the side of whatever your doing. Anything else you need to know I'm your guy I've done plenty of it and my dads the expert to landscaping period

9. This. It works nicely. I use it all the time at work.

10. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

cool, thanks for the help guys.