Just in case anyone is looking for a good deal on some Ranger parts

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Chef Nails, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Chef Nails

Chef Nails New Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I was looking at them and dont trust them....They're likely to crack on you due to the holes being completely drilled through the rotor...Good luck tho and report back with your findings

4. sullys_ranger

sullys_ranger New Member

the holes and slots are there to prevent cracks. keeps the rotor cool under hard braking

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  6. DangerRanger91

DangerRanger91 FinGer The Crimson Ginger

7. OP
    Chef Nails

Chef Nails New Member

I doubt i'll ever subject them to anything so serious that it will stress them that much, so i'll put them through their paces and let y'all know how they make out. I had Summit racing drilled & slotted rotors on my 90 lx foxbody for years and they worked great - a definite improvement, especially with the 4 wheel disc conversion - however the deer that ran out in front of me while I was making down the interstate doing 70 had sh*tty brakes, and he came right over the hood and into the cab. Deer & Mustangs do not successfully interbreed.

8. RalphS

RalphS New Member

Good bye mustang hello Ranger

Same thing happened to me and my 2000 Mustang. I was on I-205 here in oregon at 4:30 am headed to work. A little nose damage didn't even pop the Airbags and the :whistling: insurance company totalled her. One of the sadest days in my tenure as a car owner. The gave me about 1/2 her value claiming that the vehicles was an unpopular model and I couldn't have gotten that much even selling her before the collision.