iPad Apps Pop-up !?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrambler82, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

How to get rid of it when using my iPad ?

We it first started to pop up it wasn't too bad but now it is happening on every screen change.

What is up with that... Anyone please help ?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I think I did it, sorry for the question... We will see !

4. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Well I was wrong, I didn't get rid of it.

Does anyone else get an Apps Notification after every screen change ?

If so hoe do you get rid of it ?

Thanks

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have 2 ipads in the family, I dont use them though. From what I have seen, I havent heard of popups on them at all. Do you think it may be something Apple may have to check on that individual Ipad where an apple store may have to correct it?

6. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Not sure about apple.
    Turned off iTunes account, turned off all notification systems in the iPad itself, thought that would do it. Was going to turn things on one at a time to see what was doing it but I still get the pop ups.

Wondering if the site has anything goings on ?

7. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Just checked out ranger.com and nothing there, right now ,will check again later and see if anything has changed.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Is it just this site with popups?

9. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Just checked The Ranger Station and it is there too but not Ford-Rangers.com.
    The pop-up appears with the site name at the top as other messages from the site appear, funny.

If no one is having this problem then I will get thing checked out.

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have never heard of this. If you want to call or speak to an apple rep and nothing will come of it, I can refer you to the owners of the site to see if they have heard of anything like this.

11. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I have shut off all notifications in the iPd.
    Shut off every reference to Apple or iTunes.

So it's either in this iPad or in the Sites.
    This site message references an app called Forum Runner and TRS Site references Tapatalk.
    I have never asked for either of these nor referenced either of them funny.

I will attempt a reset and see before going further.

Thanks for the assist.

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Ok, please let me know how you make out so that if it is our end we can take care of the situation.

13. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

havent seen this at all yet. use tapatalk quite often.

14. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I don't and that is why I thought it was doing it at first but it has gotten to a point where it is annoying.

I reset the iPad last night, it is up to date in OS, that could be it the last OS but I only get it from two Ranger Sites so far.
    I clicked on the Ranger Forum.net icon and immediately the pop up came up and the Site's name across the top as if a PM type of announcement and locked me up until I responded to go get the App or bypass.

If there is an admin out there that can check the site and see if there is something in the back ground I would think you for it ?

I will contact Apple in the mean time.

15. 06FordFX4

Is it only on iPad? Do you have an iPhone you can test it on?

16. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

No iPhone.
    My desk top MacPro has no problems and I was thinking… this may have happened since the last OS upgrade… OS6 something.

Time to talk to Apple...

17. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Send an e-mail to apple abut iTunes and the app.
    Will,see,where it goes.

Thks

18. Blinkstang

Blinkstang New Member

Ranger Newb here, but just came upon this thread while browsing (I am an admin on another forum).

The popups are coming from apps each forum has installed for mobile viewing (ForumRunner and Tapatalk). Basically, they see that you are browsing from a mobile device and using the device browser (in your case Safari) so they popup a message to let you know there as an app available.

Like so:

[​IMG]

When you hit cancel it is supposed to save a cookie that tells the popup you have already been alerted and thus it should not reappear for awhile.

Check your device to make sure cookies are enabled. On your iPad (I am using an iPhone but it should be similar) go to: Settings, then Safari, and look under Privacy to make sure it is accepting cookies "From Visited", like so:

[​IMG]

You can also try "Clear Cookies and Data" just to start from scratch. When you first visit each site it will give you the popup, but once you hit cancel it should no longer resume.

Other than that, the only way to fix it is on the forum end. An admin would need to go into the settings, for Forum Runner for instance, and disable the prompt, more info on that here:

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=258

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup:

19. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

^^Thats GREAT info! Thanks alot for the help

20. 06FordFX4

oooooooohhhh, is he talking about that? I thought he was talking about pop ups within tapatalk.

/Needs to learn to read

doh

21. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I need to say it correctly, that may not be a pop up.

First thanks for all the info.
    I reset the iPad and opened up by Cookies, which was off.
    So far i get the message (pop up) at the beginning of the site, that is ok to me.
    I was getting it every screen change and that wasn’t ok; I thought it was the latest OS upgrade.

So far, so good,
    Thanks / ltr