Interior Question

Discussion in 'Interior' started by jmicko, Nov 8, 2010.

1. jmicko

jmicko New Member

Hello everyone, new guy here!

I just bought a used 2003 Ford Ranger and was wondering if anyone knew a way to repair a hole in the floors interior just in front of the peddles. The tare is about as big as my foot and is usually covered by a matt but I'd like to fix it so that it doesn’t get caught on something and become larger. Also, I’ve noticed that it gets slightly damp when I touch the fabric. I checked directly under the truck where the tare is and don’t see any holes. Plus, the fabric feels like it’s still attached all around directly under the sides of the tear.

Here's a photo of the tare if it helps.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your time,

-Jmicko

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have done other trucks floors and it can be done, CAREFULLY, buy melting it together with a soldering iron, or an iron itself. Just dont leave the real iron on it long, heat it enought to stick together

4. OP
    jmicko

jmicko New Member

Thanks

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to the new interior tech section

6. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

take it to an upholstery shop and have them sew a heal pad in.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Hey! Troy is in the house!