Interesting day today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hazard-maine, May 16, 2012.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

So i had an interesting day so it started off with me and my dad going up north, about 300 miles one way, to go check out one of the atv trails because my dad is trail master for an atv club so we took my military vw on its first adventure, got to drive it down the atv trail to check out how it held up this year and well the vw took that trail like it was nothing, but thats not where it gets good, on our way back off the trail which was on an old main road about 10 miles out, on our way back down that road i saw a odd shaped hole in the ground out in the woods, after barrel ass threw the woods to it, we noticed there were steps heading down in the rectangle hole, so now this is where it gets good, after grabbing my head lamp, mag light, and my dad grabbed his glock outa my vw when ventured down the hole which after about 30ft down there was a door, not just a door but a huge steel door, so we tried to open it but that thing wasnt moving, so we think this is a bunker of some sort because its 50ft off and old main road in the wood

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

dude thats awesome like it was just straight down hole? wonder whats inside

4. OP
    hazard-maine

the whole was for a few then opened up because there was stairs leading down, and i want to know whats inside and what it is

5. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

is is public land?

6. OP
    hazard-maine

have no idea, its in the middle of no where northern maine, and from the looks of it id say its from the 50s or 60s and looks like no one has been there since then

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

my guess would be cold war bunker?? a town near me had one thats still around

8. OP
    hazard-maine

im thinking post wwii/ cold war bunker, but its hard to see when driving down that road, even tho the road is a dead end now with nothing on it so id say not many people know about it, but it is a cool find, but i wish i coulda made it inside to see whats in there

9. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea maybe there was a building over it at one time?? but yea thats crazy, are you gonna go back?

10. OP
    hazard-maine

well about 15 miles away is the old maine POW camp so maybe that has something to do with it, and yes im going back, marked it on my gps and im gonna explore the area around it

11. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

dude if you could open that it would be sweet. take some pics! should consider taking a metal detector down, could be stuff to find there

12. OP
    hazard-maine

i have no idea how to open it, but i know with all bunkers there is an emergence escape some where so ill be looking for that

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

oh nice, that would be crazy. do you have a metal detector?

14. OP
    hazard-maine

i wish i did

15. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

dang... well maybe a good dog will work haha

16. OP
    hazard-maine

ill just use my eyes since i was able to find a hole into the ground in the woods while driving

17. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol yea very true, like a hawk haha

18. OP
    hazard-maine

at 45mph i spotted it at the last second so i had to stop and back up

19. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

holy balls, im sure you wont have a problem finding anything else around there

20. Ever see the show " LOST"

21. OP
    hazard-maine

yes i have