Intake/vacuum/something leaking still.

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Redneck_ranger, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Alright, so Clinton's been helping me through with some suggestions as to what this may be... A buddy suggested it be the EGR valve, but then the truck wouldn't run... So I started snooping around, asking people, and Clinton suggested that it may be the throttle body and idle air sensor. Has anyone had any problems with these before? And did they cause a lack of acceleration, extremely loud and obnoxious engine noise, and annoyance? I'd love to figure this out, because I may be getting some new exhaust for christmas, and would love to be able to hear it over the engine. My Flowmaster ain't cutting that right now. And what else might I be needing to quiet this sucker down? Clinton also suggested the wires and possibly the coil packs, which I do need new ones... I'm hoping it's something simple like that...

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Does it idle rough

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Did it do this prior to pressure washing the engine?

5. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Did it since the day I bought the truck man. And it does have a little miss in it when it idles. I checked all the vacuum lines, no leaks there. Mechanics can't find any either.

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Have you pulled the plugs and checked the gapping on them?

7. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Nope. Can't get to em without breaking my arm or taking the fender off. There's no room, as you should know. But what would they have to do with the engine running so loud? Oh, I just remembered... When I bought the new filter, it quieted down considerably, but then got louder as time went on.... Any better description now?

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Pull the passenger tire off and get to the plugs from that way, its easy.

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'll have to do it over break. I've been meaning to get around to it, but you know how cash is with me. Motorcraft plugs and wires, right?

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yup and while you're at it, seafoam the engine before you do the plugs. After you seafoam it you have to change the oil too

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I just changed the oil, literally last weekend bro. Plugs and seafoam are gonna have to do. Sorry, just don't have any more money than that right now. But just out of curiosity, why would I have to change the oil?

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I know, I didnt mean do it now. If you dump seafoam in the engine block you HAVE to change the oil so do it in the next oil change.

13. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Oh. I did it in the Dakota and never changed the oil... Guessing that's a bad thing?

14. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

After you sea foam, your oil will be SUPER black and nasty

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Lmao. From all the petroleum crap in it? Eh, that's not gonna kill it. Once, at least... I did see in the manual though not to use those cleaners and crap in this engine...

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Nobody else has any ideas about this?

17. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

is it a miss fire or more like a lope?

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Did I add that after cleaning the throttle and intake, it now has a major miss? And that also answers your question. Haha Love answering a question with another. xD

19. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i want to say its in the fule line

20. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

The truck is making a loud whooshing sound in the engine. Highly doubt it would be caused in the fuel like. No offense bro, but thanks for trying at least. I'm gonna try the Idle Air Sensor and spark plugs, and see how that goes

21. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

does the wooshing sound come from any particular side of the engine?