Instrument Cluster

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by rangerguy95, Feb 21, 2013.

1. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Hey guys, I've got ideas floating around in my head now on what to do next, I was thinking of changing the color of my instrument cluster since one side is out and will have to be done anyway and also any ideas on what to do with the display panel whee P R D 1 2 etc would be, being my ranger is a 5spd it doesnt show those thus leaving it an ugly blank spot on my cluster.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

To change the color of your cluster you will have to take the cluster apart and sand off the color filter. Or you can replace the bulbs with LEDs and it will bring out the stock color a lot more. I did this and my lights went from teal to bright blue. I recommend talking to buggman if you are going to purchase LEDs.

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

As for the PRND box, glue some black material similar to the the clusters to black it out

5. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

thats not the problem talking about, its a stock manual i just mean that area, has nothing in it, its just a bland black rectangle, i was seeing if anyone has an idea to do something interesting with it

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I have seen people make a FORD logo in that box, silver and black. They looked good

7. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

yea i was thinking something like that, maybe "Ranger" in some fancy font

8. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Not sure where you have gone with this but you can buy new cluster faces and add in any graphics you want... Black Cat Custom Graphics has some nice stuff.