Ideas for tool box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck_ranger, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Well I was thinking about getting rid of the tool box on my truck and getting a tonneau cover for it. I was wondering how this sounded... I was gonna take some 16 gauge steel and have my buddy fabricate a little box like thing over the wheelwells along the inside of the bed. Can anyone draw up something on a computer program for an idea?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

just buy my side mount and mod it to what you need

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

No, I want it for inside the bed. Not on top of the rails.

5. hazard-maine

it doesnt sit on the rails, it sits in the bed and sits in the back of the bed and the front goes over the wheel well, just need to cut it so it doesnt sit as high, and it has a door on the bottom that has 3 sliding trays

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Nah, I have another idea

7. hazard-maine

okay im just saying its close to your idea

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Sorta lol I just want a steel box on one side that goes up the side of the bed 2/3 of the way

9. hazard-maine

this is diamond plated, that goes from the end of the bed to the other side of the wheel well and about 1 to 1 and half feet wide, if you cut it so its lower then the bed and put the cover back on it it would work nicely

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I don't need it diamond plated. Too shiny. And I'm not putting a lid on it. I just need a little thing to go along the side to throw tools in and have easy access. I'm not even looking to buy one. Looking to make it. I asked for a computer design.

11. hazard-maine

i know, im just seeing if you wanted it

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I would have asked if I did man. Sorry

13. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

get a plastic truck box at wall mart for $20. that's what i'm using right now because i have the cap on.

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I can get the metal for free and fabricate it for free too. I just want a computer design of something I might be looking for... Sorry if I seem a bit pissy. People are putting me in a bad mood today.

15. hazard-maine

so your wanting a box on or next to the wheel well?

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Sorta. I want one a little higher, that goes from the tailgate and about halfway over the wheelwell on one side.

17. hazard-maine

so your looking for something like a side mount tool box but half the size, kinda

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, and can bolt to the inside of the bed. I'd love a blueprint kinda like thing for it.

19. hazard-maine

all id have to do is measure mine and subtract it so its smaller, then make some prints for you

20. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Awesome. Thanks man

21. hazard-maine

ill do it tomorow when i have sun light