i need help with 1998 ranger xlt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 98ranger, Apr 2, 2012.

1. 98ranger

98ranger New Member

i am trying to lift my 1998 ford ranger like 4 inches but it is a 2 wheel drive and im stumped on what to do. i keep hearing different things like overside shocks and blocks but i dont really know what all tht stuuf is about. can someone please help me out im new to this?!! :(

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Shocks don't mess with your ride height. You can put a spindle lift on and blocks under the rear leaf springs, there's also a body lift that you can do. All depends on what your budget is and what you want to do with it

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

spindle lift.

ironically, for '98 and newer rangers the 2wd's are actually easyier and cheaper to lift. i don't know a ton on spindle lifts but it's generally the preferred suspension lift method for 2wd's, it'll get you around 4 inches higher.

5. OP
    98ranger

98ranger New Member

well i mean im 17 so my price range would be around 550 or more i have no idea if thats not enough or not

6. The body lift is the cheapest option, ringing in around $300 for the kit. I have a 4x4 so I'm not too sure on the prices of a spindle lift

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Member 01B3000 just did a spindle lift on his truck. Hopefully he will chime in and give us his take on it. I think for now, shop around ebay for spindle lifts, also check Summitracing.com for them. You should need the spindles, bigger shocks and rear leaf lift shackles

You can also get 2" spacer for the front coils, then lift shackles for the rear and body lift it. The body lift kits for your truck SHOULD be under 200.00 at summitracing.com

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

your right clinton the "summit brand" BL comes in right under 200.... and for the extra inch he is wanting you can get coil spacers for the 1" and possibly check in 1" shackles for the rearend.

BL
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/...t-Racing-7800000-Body-Lift-Kits/?autoview=SKU

coil spacers
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/...Performance-Coil-Spring-Spacers/?autoview=SKU

plus knowing if he has torsion bars or coils would make a big difference in wether or not he would need the coil spacers

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012