How To: Change out sway bar links - Discussion thread

Discussion in 'How-To Submissions' started by Captured Time, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

this is a fast job that dosnt take much time.

please use jack stands for doing this. i dont want too here bout some one having ther truck fall on them for not using stands

( If you do this you do it on your own accord i do not take responsibility for what you do )

time fore job:

about 30min

tools needed:

13mm socket
    flat hed srewdriver
    floor jack
    jack stands

parts needed

new sway bar links

remove tire's place truck on jacks

[​IMG]

next take off the old links ( if you have a link that has snaped you may need to take off the sway bar )

[​IMG]

next put in the new links and remout tire's lower off of jacks and thats it job over

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Excellent write up! Just an FYI for everyone, the sway bar link bushings on our trucks break or fall apart often. Sometimes you can tell they are shot when you hit bumps you will hear a loud metal on metal banging.

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

it's always a good thing to check when ever you do anything to the truck along with checking the brake pads and shoes for those of us that still have them..... i'd say i check them about every 3 months.....

5. OP
    Captured Time

thanx clinton

6. Swaybar disconnects.... Would they work on our trucks so we can squeeze a little bit more flex out?

7. OP
    Captured Time

i want to say no but im not 100% sure

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I am not sure either but if your doing that, pull the sway bar off completely

9. OP
    Captured Time

i talked to a guy that runs the lift shop here in town and he said " HELL NO! " you will mess the ranger up using them and it may cost you more than you think if do use them.

10. Alright lol Thanks guys haha