Hood Deflectors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pmac, Oct 2, 2009.

1. pmac

pmac New Member

I want to get a hood deflector for my truck but have heard that the new hood deflectors that contour to the hood don't work very well, is this true?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

I personally really do not see how they work at all. My grandfather has always had them on his trucks and they really accomplish nothing in my eyes. I guess this is a prime example of "To each his own".

4. bowmaster85

bowmaster85 New Member

They are ok

I have one on my 97. I noticed that it does change the aerodynamics of the hood area. From what I can tell with "love bug season" it works good but does not get every one. I can say at least an 80% decrease in bugs on the the windshield. A big change that I have noticed is that with the manual side mirrors, they tend to shake alot more. I guess its from the air displacing more to the sides. But my fuel milage has appeared to stay the same.