hauling boat

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by jerry101, Mar 5, 2013.

1. jerry101

jerry101 New Member

hi,does anyone her haul their 12 ft aluminum boat in the back of their 2006 ranger super cab bed,if so any difficulties with that ? please advise...thanks and have a nice day..........;)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I havent yet, but I don't see you having an issue at all

4. OP
    jerry101

jerry101 New Member

thanks hooligan, the reason i asked is i'll be towing my pop up behind my truck ,with the tailgate up and this aluminum boat will be sticking out 6 ft....;)

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Better tie that sucker down good! lol

6. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

When I tie my kayak down which hangs about 4 feet off the bed I usually put a rope through the top stake holes and tie it to the front of the boat in case it slides that rope will catch then I loop a rope around the middle and tie it to my back stake pockets and lastly I time one from my tailgate latches to the end of the boat to prevent any sliding. The only time this has failed me was when I nailed a huge bump and it sent the kayak flying into the air but my front rope stopped it from going out.

7. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

tie it down really well......

cant see it being to big of an issue as long as its not a super long drive.

would look pretty damn funny, so get a picture!