Got myself some new parts this weekend :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck_ranger, Nov 29, 2011.

1. So I finally found someone that was parting out another Ranger, and had the things that I needed the most. I'll open up with the story of the truck. It was a red 02 Edge supercab 2x4. Real nice truck, not a spot of rust. Just some scratches and dings in the bed from being a work truck. The guy bought it three weeks before the last flood in the NE. Drove it once up to his grandfather's house and left it sit for the flood. Thing was, his grandfather's house was evacuated. Now the first time he was evacuated (during the last flooding from the tropical storm) he never got hit with water. This time he did... Beautiful truck was now just about destroyed. The guy did everything he could to try and get it running again, but no luck... He paid $1500 for it, and drove it once. I felt horrible for him. It was seriously one of the nicest Rangers I have seen around. No rust whatsoever. Poor guy got to drive it to his grandfather's and never again.

Now after I got you crying, time for the happy stuff. The guy had everything I needed, and said that I was the first person he contacted. What I got: Taillights; fog lights; and a tailgate! The tailgate wasn't in the best of condition, but only needs a little bondo and paint to be good to go. I'll have more pics as I install the things (Before & After), so be patient! lol

Here's the taillights
    [​IMG]
    Before ^
    [​IMG]
    After ^

I'll try and install the fogs tomorrow (wednesday), if the rain quiets down.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Oh yeah, and....NO MORE DANGLY EXHAUST! lol

4. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

what did you do with them tails man??? we maight be abel to work some thing out with the vid thig with tho's if your up for it

5. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

[​IMG]
    This is one of the old fog lights. You can kinda figure out why I needed new ones... Lmao
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Both new ones are in
    [​IMG]
    They work! Tailgate will be added as soon as I fix it up.

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Niceeee!!! When I was running stock bumper I actually siliconed all around the creases and in the light socket itself after replacing mine.. No water ever got in after that.. Might want to consider that if you plan on muddin again.

7. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I definitely will be heading out again, but probably won't do that. Water was really only getting in because they were cracked beyond amazement.

8. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah man. It sucked, I couldn't keep a good bulb in there for more than a week lol

10. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Damm lol.. Ya I had hid back there so I wanted to make sure nothing got in lok!

11. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Nice dude, looks good

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Thanks Hurley. Mamba, where did you get your HIDs from? And how much were they? I'm looking at a set of 4000k PIAAs for $69.99

13. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Dude... The piaa bulbs burn out soooo fast and hids last forever lol!!! I got mine on ebay believe it or not.. They wer like 80$ bulbs and ballasts

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

For both bulbs? Or each?

15. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

That ain't too bad. I'm looking for some really bright ones... Any suggestions?

17. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Well the brightness is pretty uniform. But I prefer the light blue.. I believe there 8k

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Not a big fan of the blue ones... I'd rather just plain white, if that's available?

19. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

It for sure is! But everyone is going to think you have your brights on lok

20. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Lmao. Until I flash em and then blind them completely xD

21. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Thats why I put all my piaas on one switch ;)