Got Lucky Today!

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Pbav8tor, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

So I was changing the oil today and while under the truck thought I should look over the undercariage. It could use a good washing but no problems. Then I go to the rear and see oil on the rightside of the axle. Where is oil coming from? I find it pretty quickly. The Expo diff cover has a breather hole that I had plugged but now was open. I guess the pressure blew it out. So I made a plug and JB Weld it in the hole, let's see that blow out. Checked the fluid level and it was down a little but not bad. Topped it off and closed it up. Just glad I found it before it drained the pumpkin.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

you shouldn't plug the breather hole

4. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

The Ranger does not have a breather. So I don't need it on the Expo diff cover.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I thought this was going to be about something TOTALLY different! lol

Good find though, glad it was caught in time

6. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

good thing ya found it. maybe you could just tap it and throw a bolt in it eventually

7. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

I knew you would think that way, mind in the gutter. I could tell you about the nieghbor tearing her shirt off after getting caught in a bee's nest! Oh wait, that's another story.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Lol... WOO HOO!!

9. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

That deserves a thread all to it's own :eek:

10. ZWilson07

ZWilson07 New Member

Had to reread it a second time. The ranger axle does have a breather just not on the diff cover, but I knew what you meant.

Thats weird that it blew out though.

11. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

false and true. it has one but not on the cover

12. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

If you're building up enough pressure to pop that "plug" out, I would look into it. Sounds like your breather's clogged up (on the axle TUBE). I would look into it IMMEDIATELY.

13. OP
    Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Yup, going to check that out tomorrow before I put the bumper back on. Painting that gray pad black.

14. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Well he did get lucky...he plugged a hole....just not the hole u were hoping...