Gibson 9508 Dual Exhaust Question

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by rango88, Jan 11, 2012.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

I priced a Gibson 9508 cat back Kit for $483 (dual exhaust straight out the rear. Uses 1.75" Pipes and 3" tips.) I like how it sounds, anyone on here have this system on their ranger? Was it easy to install, how is the quality and how is the sound in person?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I just watched a video on youtube of this setup, it sounded pretty good. But it was on a 3.0. The 4.0 sounds better lol

4. OP
    rango88

I think we saw the same video since I only found 2 ;). It does sound goo and the setup has a lifetime Warranty :D so thats another appeal, I am little disappointed that the pipes are 1.75" instead of the OEM 2.25" but oh well :p. My mom is aware of the setup so I might be getting it for Xmas? Who knows lol

5. Is there a muffler on it? If not, I don't blame them for it because you need some backpressure to make power. And the 3" tips will make it look better haha

6. OP
    rango88

[​IMG]

Not sure, it might just be a resonator but in the description it states that it a muffler.

7. Oh, okay. Probably a performance muffler. Some kits (like LMC) have resonator tips in place of a muffler. They're like glasspacks on the end of the tailpipes lol

8. OP
    rango88

what the difference between a performance muffler and reg muffler.

9. Flowmaster and OEM. Haha. More baffles creating more backpressure and less efficient exhaust flow. Just like a performance intake, factory ones are restrictive with all their molding, while a performance or CAI is a straighter pipe. Know where I'm going?

10. OP
    rango88

gotcha :)

11. But too much backpressure is a bad thing... Is it 1.75" before the muffler? Or does it split off into 1.75"before after the muffler?

12. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

i got the dual gibsons but the angled exits..i like it alot..id suggest getting the connections welded instead of clamped

13. OP
    rango88

I know you have the OHV so it might sound different but how is it in person?

14. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

sounds great!

15. OP
    rango88

I just got the Gibson 9508 for my birthday. Looking to get it installed on Dec 14. I cant wait :D

16. OP
    rango88

I am curious to know how difficult this kit is to install and how long it would take to install it?

17. Dogrunner

Dogrunner Dogrunner

Make ur own exhaust or get tht bendable exhaust stuff at advanced auto. Its a lot cheaper and more simple doing it this way and ur exhaust will b loud af
    But a good badass loud.