GF Performance Chip Kit for the FORD RANGER

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Scrambler82, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Anyone using or know of someone using one of the
    GF Performance Chip Kit for the FORD RANGER ?

I read the site and it is almost too good to be true.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. rwenzing

rwenzing Bob

$69 for a nickel resistor in a box to make it look like it is more than it is. Sounds like a formula for big profits.

This is a commercial version of a cheap hotrodder's trick that has been around for as long as EFI has. All it does is put a resistor in series with the Intake Air Temp sensor to modify the voltage curve in an attempt to fool the PCM into adding a little more spark. The results would be small in any case. In fact, in some Ford calibrations (not all), the IAT spark adder is zeroed out completely so that the resistor has NO effect whatsoever.

IMO, anyone who claims huge power and fuel economy gains from an IAT mod comes awfully close to outright fraud. I think that they try to get around it by offering a money back guarantee. Or maybe the idea is to make as much money as possible before the truth catches up to them. For some interesting reading, try Googling the company name along with "lawsuit", "fraud' or "ripoff".

4. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Bob, thanks, was just wondering.

Hope all if well with you and your truck.

5. Steelken

Steelken New Member

Hi and thanks for the suggestion. They wont pay for the software and sage is a bit too much for this kind of stuff anyway. Well stick with the backs of our diaries for now

6. ndordlec

ndordlec New Member

I used to have a Superchips installed to my old F-150 truck. It worked great.