gas filler tube

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by roberthodgson, Aug 3, 2009.

1. I have a 95 ranger xlt, was told the filler tube was bad causing the check engine light on and bad gas fumes after a fill up. Any info on where I can find this and prices. Was told 450 for the part. Anyone that has had same problem please tell me exactly what it is I am looking for from a junk yard or any other place they may have found one..
    Thanks in advance.

Bob

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 94 Ranger XLT

94 Ranger XLT New Member

You can find one on ebay for ALOT less than what the stealership would like you to pay. I recently replaced mine on my 94 XLT Supercab. Make sure you get one that fits your particular model. There IS a difference for the regular bed as opposed to the flare side. Also, I hope you're are VERY flexible and patient it's a TIGHT fit under the truck to reach the hose clamp on top of the gas tank. My suggestion would be to remove the bed of the truck first and then procede with the replacing of the filler neck. Of course, you want to make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy at all times and keep incandescent lights away from the work area. With the bed of the truck off it will be a straight forward swap. Don't forget to unplug the tailights and unbolt your filler neck from the bed (there's 3 bolts under gas flap on side of truck). Hope this helps... maybe somebody else has a better idea than me?

4. RangerDave

RangerDave New Member

It's alot easier to just drop the tank, mines out right now.

5. RangerDave

RangerDave New Member

Just found these under $50 on ebay

6. EricFi1

EricFi1 New Member

Dorman also makes these new for the Ranger. They're around $130.