Fuse box

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Onyx214, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Onyx214

Onyx214 New Member

How do I hook up the power wire on a gauge I'm adding? Helllp me lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you could always get the adapters that hook around a fuse and let you tap into it that way.....

4. OP
    Onyx214

Onyx214 New Member

That's what I was thinking of doing, but what fuse should I hook it up too? Had it hooked to the ignition fuse in my old car, but there isn't one in this truck

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

what type of guage are you hooking up?

6. OP
    Onyx214

Onyx214 New Member

An aeroforce interceptor scangauge

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

if you want to use the ignition switch fuse it is in the power distrubution block under the hood and it is fuse number 11 out there...... it's a 50 Amp maxi fuse

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  8. OP
    Onyx214

Onyx214 New Member

Nah, I don't know how to hook up to those

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you would just hook to it as you would in the fuse box in the truck..... but you could use number 16,or 29..... 16 is the wiper motor fuse and 29 is the radio.....

10. so that guage does not power up from the obdII connector?

11. OP
    Onyx214

Onyx214 New Member

no, I wish it did, it needs to be wired in elsewhere :(