Fullsize mod!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RoadRanger, Aug 15, 2012.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

so i figured scince everyone else is going fullsize, i might as well. brought home an '06 F150 crew cab lariat 4x4! :thumbsup: it's got power everything, leather interior, 6CD changer, power sunroof, and a roll & lock tonneau. only has 35k miles.

...and if anyone's wondering, NO i did not buy it!!! it's actually my boss's truck, i'm working on a gas pipeline right of way and he's letting me use it because it has 4x4, and let me bring it home because it's about an hour quicker than going back to the shop.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Is that a '57 Nomad behind the truck?

4. yes it is Paul, I was going to say the same

5. really, forget the truck lets see more of the nomad!!!

6. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

close.... it's a '57 belair station wagon, my dad's project car. it's an old hot-rod from the late 60's, he's had it scince i was about 8. he's been working on it more the last couple of years though, here's a couple of pics from about 2 years ago

7. that should be in the garage with a warm blanket over it
    ;)

8. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

lol it would be if i hadin't taken over the garage for my junk :whistling:

it honestly gets worked on outside more than when it's stored inside, our garage is too small to really work in

although you CAN see the front valance and some other peices for the '57 in that pic...

9. ok 66 or 68 buick

10. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

^ '65 skylark. '66 looks similar but more sculpted, '68 is totally differant

i'm slowly getting parts togeather for it to make it a gran sport

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thank god!! I thought another one sold out for the F Series trucks

12. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

haha, i can honestly say i like driving my ranger better than that F150. it's a really nice truck but it's just not right for me.

i do wish the ranger had the audio & HVAC controls in the steering wheel though.

13. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

come to the dark side...we have cookies

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

And KOOL AID

15. djfllmn

16. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Exactly if I could go back in time when that kid pulled in my drive way I would say turn around im not selling. Full size is more then its cracked up to be and the sad part is I just truied doing a burnout around the corner and lets just say my Ranger was more impressive lol

17. djfllmn

i dont regret trading my ranger in at all

18. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i've got a magnet of that on my toolbox, lol.

i'm lucky enough that where i work now i have gotten to drive quite a few differant trucks, pretty much the big 3's offerings across the board. as many nice features as that F150 has, it just dosin't feel right to me. i think the only new fullsize i like right now is the new ram trucks, and the '08-'10 super dutys. other than that the ranger is my favorite as a driver.

that's because you understand how an "upgrade" works, lol. next step for you will be a crew cab lincoln pickup. :thumbsup:

19. djfllmn

i honestly dont like the lincoln mark LT's very much...id very much perfer a lariat or king ranch