Fuel economy

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by bajanbiker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. bajanbiker

bajanbiker New Member

Hi everyone, I bought an 09 ranger sport 4x4 in april. It has about 18000km. I was getting about 500 km too a tank of fuel, now I'm getting maybe 400 km. Does anyone have any idea as to why the drop-off in fuel economy? My driving habits haven't changed. I do about half and half city/highway driving.:(

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jelly's Ford

Jelly's Ford Riding High in the Saddle

Different qualities of gas could make this change. But I would'nt think that much of a difference. Have you changed the air filter? Thats a start and running a bottle of that fuel injector cleaner would help too to clean out clogs.

4. TBlech

TBlech New Member

Tempature will cause your fuel economy to go down as well. Now that temps are going back up, has your economy gone up as well?