Fresh paint

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by klinger86, Apr 10, 2012.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Since Pete wanted to see the new paint on the interior I snapped a couple pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What you guys think?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. YAY! I love it dude! Did you find the right shade to match your truck finally?

4. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

No it doesn't match my truck exactly but it's more of a metallic ky blue compared to the blue that's on it now. All in all I gues you could say in person it's a shade or 2 lighter than sonic blue.

5. Eh, that's not too bad. As long as it all matches on the interior you'll be good to go!

6. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Oh yeah it will all match in the end. Got 4 more pieces to pull and repaint before the 22nd. Gonna have to figure out how to pull the passenger airbag cover so I can sand and repaint it and add something special onto it. But you guys will have to wait on it. May make you all wait til after the 22nd Columbus meet. Hahahahahaha.

7. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Lol thanks Pete and remember the gold bolts will be gold in color. Hahahahahahahaha. Lol.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Looks good mang!

9. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah went and got a little 4 oz spray gun from harbor freight and that thing is the chit.

10. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

First pic I hated it. Second pic got better. It's all down to that cut-off line between the two colors. A+ on originality though! Haven't really seen anyone do dual tone on them before, so props to you. If the cut-off line were more flowing and smooth, I'd probably like it. But I don't. Sorry to be a negative nancy...just giving constructive criticism. lol.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the parts put in!

11. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

nice! looks pretty smooth too

12. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Thanks guys. And yeah the cut off line between the two is a lil sketchy but coming from a novice painter and I mean novice it's not really that bad considering I'm doing this outta my basement. I have redone the ohc and stang dome aswell now onto the radio bezel passenger airbag and center console pieces. May even end up doing more later down the road.

13. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I'm a novice as well and quite OCD at the same time. It's just that darn cut off. lol. Finish looks great btw.

What are you using for masking?? Might I suggest something from the automotive refinish store? Generally where shops get their paint and such. I use 2mm 3M green on intricate tight, nice cut-offs, as well as being easily manipulable. That roll was $12. But well worth it!

Some examples of my OCDness. I painted 6 or 7 emblems before I was happy with 3 for the truck. lol...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Right now I'm using masking tape for the cut off lines. And it does great for me and personnally I think a few differences make the piece I really don't like having something that someone else already has/done. The way I see it it is harder to replicate the mistakes making them a one off piece. Eventually I may pull them back off/ buy a new set and get them perfect but for me at this moment they are great.

15. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Yeah that really narrowed it down.... masking tape. Good lord. lol.

I gave you props and kudos on being different and original...

16. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah give it about 5 to 6 months and I'll change it again. They have been painted about 10 times since I bought the truck 4 yrs ago. Lol. I can never make up my mind on how I want it. Lol.

17. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

It looks awesome man. It kinda looks like a Bright atlantic metaclic color.. Kinda like mine.

18. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

It's actually wicked colors pearl blue. It is an airbrush paint sprayed with a harbor freight 4 oz gun and the black is pearl black from the same company. Gotta go get some more before I start the next big pieces.

19. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

ok here's an update with what i have been workin on for the past couple of weeks....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do you guys think?