Want to buy: Fox coilovers

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by Hooligan, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I am looking to swap to coilovers, so I am looking for Fox coilovers with all the brackets. I am looking to do the swap ASAP!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

just curious I read up a little on coilovers and still dont really understand the concept, I understand you replace the shock with coilovers and they are based on the MacPherson strut design but how do these work on improving handling response and body roll and why only use these to wheel. wouldnt these be great for DD as well even on pavement. Sorry about all the questions, just trying to graps exactly what these are.

4. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

they're a fully rebuild able and adjustable shock with a coil spring that goes around the shock body. many spring rates are made to adjust the firmness, as well as pre-load on the coils similar to cranking torsion bars. on top of that, you can adjust the internal shims of the shock to make it harder or easier to compress/extend.

he probably said only use them to wheel because of the performance and handling gains of having those shocks vs the springy torsion bars. but set up right, a set of coilovers will greatly improve the ride on road as well. just depends on the spring rate and whatnot.

5. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This is a WTB thread, not a discussion thread

6. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

And this is why

7. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

8. doyouquaxu

what size are you looking for? 2.0 x 6" with a reservoir?

9. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

No reservoir, I believe its the 2.0 but not sure on the x6"

10. doyouquaxu

i'll see what i can find. got caught up in my own parts hunt and forgot to look. what's your budget?

11. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thanks man. I am hoping to get the coilovers and brackets for under 1k

12. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I wish I was closer to my frame mods, I have the 4.5-5” Fox coil-over setup in my ’03, work great, corners nice, even jacked up.

Good Luck on the hunt for the brackets, IF and when I get mine out I will let you know.

There was a guy in TX making the bracket a few years back, not sure if he still is I will contact him and see if he is doing anything now !

Off road Warehouse had a kit at one time too, wondering id they still do.
    They did have a Thread about them on R-F.com, if I can mention the site.

13. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thanks dude. The guy in TX stopped and I am still looking. ORW is a place, but I dont think they make them according to their web site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.